Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Zero Hour Receives 3 Ovation Nominations

We are currently in New York City for a few days having business meetings. Yesterday, we were in our agent's office and, since it was the day that the LA Stage Alliance Ovation Awards were out, we were on pins and needles to see if "Zero Hour" would get nominated.

Jim borrowed their computer and called up the website and saw a link to the 2006 nominations. He clicked on the link, which brought up a pdf file. Then he looked over at me and said, "I can't look! You have to do it. I'm too nervous!"

So he got up from the chair and I went over and began scrolling down. First up: Best World Premiere Play. I didn't see it, so I kept scrolling. And there it was! His first nomination! And then it hit me. They list them in alphabetical order. So, Zero Hour is going to be last, no matter what.

Next up: Best Play, Intimate Theatre. Now, since he had already been nominated for Best World Premiere Play, we weren't expecting it to be there. But, wrong! There it was! Now we had TWO nominations.

Scrolling again. Best Lead Actor in a Play...

YES!!

THREE NOMINATIONS!! And Jay Johnson was nominated for Best Solo Performance. So, we're thrilled for him, too.

Anyway, can't stay long on the net. Just wanted to deliver the good news.

5 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

"The wheel goes round and round and if you wait long enough, it's finally your turn." This has got to be Jimmy's turn. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! :)

Travis

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!
I so wish I had been able to work the show or come see Jim, but it's just so nifty he got nominated (3 times!!).
I just know he'll sweep the awards. :)

Cate

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm applauding. Brilliance rewarded indeed. :)

Anonymous said...

hey! its jennifer from NFA gsa!, i cant beleive we were mentioned in your blog! btw...CONGRATS!!! im soo happy you got nominated!! you definetly deserve it!! dont forget to tape your show so us unfortunate folks can see your awsomn show too. also just to let you know your videos have no sound on here. ive tried playing them and nothing was heard.

well later!
jen