Monday, July 23, 2007

Best Movie Of The Year.

This week I saw a movie that I loved so much, I talked Jimmy into going a couple of days later so I could see it again. It's ironic that the most adult, most mature, best written and most beautiful movie of the year is a cartoon. And it's called:

Ratatouille.

Run. See it now before it leaves the theatre. Stunningly beautiful, tightly written without a single compromised frame, this tribute to cooking, art, the restless heart, the aspiring artist and seeker of quality, this unassuming colorful and touching movie never talks down to kids, never makes a single pop reference and never loses a moment of its charm as a tiny little rat who loves cooking and food finds a way become a chef in a top restaurant in Paris.

I'm not a critic, so I can't tell you in very much detail how good this movie is. All I can say is that I laughed a lot, smiled more, and got a tear rolling down my cheek at the end.

This is bravura, perfect filmmaking. And best of all, it's great for all ages, all sensibilities. Everyone. Brad Bird, the writer/director (Iron Giant, The Incredibles) is a genius above all.

I can't say enough. Just go. Now.

No comments: