Friday, April 01, 2011

New Blood Tests Today and Toronto News.

I'll be heading out into the cold and rain this morning to get new blood tests, with the results coming in next week. The immediate goal has been to get my A1C (base glucose) down in the normal ranger. It had creeped up over 9 during the past year, which is why they sent me to the endocrinologist, who put me on the night time dose of insulin.

I did overhear my two doctors discussing the situation, though:



At least, that's what it sounded like to me.

Also, I'm headed to Toronto, unexpectedly. I'll be writing about this more when I get there, but a theater, the Globus Theater Company in Bobcaygeon, Canada is going to be producing THE BIG VOICE: GOD OR MERMAN? using actors from Canada. They're a couple of hours outside of Toronto.

In fact, Jim and I were trying to see if we could get up there to perform it ourselves, but the scheduling wasn't really possible now that Jim, especially, has started to come into such demand, both as Zero and in other roles.

Tomorrow, I'll fly up there to meet with the producers and then with the actor playing me, who've I've now dubbed Canadian Steve!

No comments: