Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankfulness.

Someone asked me what I'm thankful for this year. The only answer I could think of was a very unpoetic "everything."

So what are we doing this year for Thanksgiving? Well, we were invited, by friends, to a holiday meal, but the truth is that the only thing Jim wants, understandably, is to be allowed to do nothing.

For the past month, he has been working, literally, night and day. Whether it's been rehearsal or performance, or something promotional, like the Bock & Harnick night, he's been going and going and going. And doing this show, Zero Hour, is running a marathon every single night.

So, I told him he could just stay in bed and sleep. That I'd bring food up to him -- we're living on two levels, bedroom upstairs, living room and kitchen downstairs -- and he could just curl up with the cat and stay still.

It's been a fast and furious month for us. Our little show -- and it is a little show being done on a shoestring budget -- has attracted lovely reviews, a not inconsiderable feat in New York. It's even selling tickets! But it has a long way to go to begin attracting the kind of attention it needs to become a big commercial success, and that's just a fact.

Still, I am thankful for the producing team for putting their reputations on the line, and believing in Zero Hour. And I'm thankful for you, dear reader, for allowing me to post all the news as it comes along. I still have photos to process, video to edit and stories to tell.

But, first, I think I think I'm gonna curl up next to Steinbeck and Jim and join in on the mutual snoring. I hope you'll be having a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: