Monday, January 10, 2011

Pics from New York.

I took this picture the morning after New Years, on my way to sing at the new year's morning mass. The Hilton's wacky clock makes the whole street look like 42nd Land, a theme park in France. And you can see the great big Spider-Man musical sign. Musical theater veterans are scoffing at the fact that the piece opened into previews without the composers in attendance. How do you know what to fix if you aren't watching?



Happy new year!!

Very few signs of revelers the night before.
The place was clean as a whistle.

In the distance, you see a double crane on top of a building. That's the new Freedom Tower.
The tallest one on the left is the new Frank Gehry apartment high rise, soon to open.
"I want to bring back the bay window."
At Starbucks this morning, I was getting a coffee for Jake. (I don't drink coffee).
The salesman insisted I should try the new cloverleaf (?) brewing system.
He insisted that it made coffee taste better than anything in the world.
I started taking videos of the process, but they stopped me.
This is what it looks like.
It kinda foams up.

James (who's called "Boots") and Jake on our way home from Brooklyn
after Sunday morning services.
Such good little choirboys.

No comments: