Saturday, May 07, 2011

Today is the Pet Rescue Benefit.

I could barely sleep last night.

I kept having this dream that I was introducing "Rescue" in the "Love Makes The World Go Round" benefit for Zani's Furry Friends (which happens later today at Birdland). Only, instead of it being there, we were in some tiny hall and I had to hold the microphone in my hand while playing the piano. Then, a bunch of people started singing with me, but they didn't actually know the song, so they were getting it all wrong and everyone in the room was becoming more and more impatient.

I tossed and turned, waking up and going back to sleep, re-entering the same dream. Finally gave up about 5am and got out of bed.

I am excited, though, to sing this song -- and I see that I'm going to be near the end of the line-up, which is great! A plum spot for a song I love.

Speaking of which -- and maybe this is burying the lede -- but I start work on a new album tomorrow with Tony nominee Peter Link producing, and the first song we're going to record is "Rescue."

The plan is to release the songs one at a time, as we finish the mixes. Along with the recordings, we'll make downloads of the sheet music available at Watchfiremusic.com. It's very exciting to finally start this project. I have so many unrecorded songs, I hardly know where to start.

No comments: