Saturday, March 03, 2012

New Glasses.


I have to confess I'm not much of a fashion icon.

I know. You don't believe me, but it's true. For me glasses have always been simply utilitarian. If I can see through them, then they're fine. I rarely give much thought to frames. So, when it came time to get new ones, I thought, "What kind would I get if I really wanted something attractive? How do I even know what to choose? I did not get the gay fashion gene."

The prescription was starting to feel old and the wire frames weren't holding the lens very well. It was time for a change.

My eye doc gave me the name of a place he felt could handle the special needs of my eye care. One eye is wonky, so I need a prism. And I need the line for the bifocal set a little high. Sometimes I have to wear my eye patch.

When I got to the store, which was down in the lower east Village, the guys -- who all seemed really cool -- made suggestions. I tried them on, but the fact is that I couldn't see them. Without my glasses, it's too fuzzy to see anything.

So, trusting them, I got these.

Then, I went over to my primary physician's office and reported all my good blood sugar news.

So, am I a glamour boy?

3 comments:

Gabi Clayton said...

Nice! Those will look good with your hat. :-)

Bev Sykes said...

FABulous, Dahling!

One time I had to get new glasses, I brought a friend and a digital camera. She took pictures of me in the frames (because I can't see either) and I chose based on the photos. Sadly, my lenses are so thick that none of my choices would hold the lenses, so now I just let the clerk choose for me.

Unknown said...

Well, you look nice in your new glasses. I also have a friend who would wear any glasses as long as he can see things clearly in it.

Sam Times