Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Best Vegetarian Chili Recipe

Today, I made the best veggie chili I've ever eaten. I used several recipes and then just started making it up as I went along. I should put a list of ingredients, but I made it up as I went along. So, that's how I'm spelling it out here.

I cut up a BIG SWEET POTATO and TWO CARROTS.

I cut up ONE ONION and TWO CLOVES OF GARLIC and threw them into a frying pan/skillet with a BIG POUR of OLIVE OIL. And threw the SWEET POTATO chunks and CARROTS into the pan with them, and covered it on med-high heat, stirring it around until the onions turned clear.

Into the big pot, I tossed all these ingredients along with BIG CAN OF CRUSHED TOMATOES, THREE CANS OF VARIOUS TYPES OF BLACK AND KIDNEY BEANS, along with the water in the can.

Then, a BIG TABLESPOON of CHIPOTLE CHILI POWDER, and about a HALF TABLESPOON of REGULAR CHILI POWDER.

Then, SEVERAL BIG SHAKES OF GARLIC SALT and SEVERAL GOOD SHAKES of SALT.

Then, ONE BAG OF TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN.

Then, I brought it to a boil, then down to a simmer. And then cooked it for about an hour, stirring frequently.

I forgot it this time, but a good teaspoon of CUMIN makes it nice.

And when I tasted it, I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

No comments: