Monday, May 05, 2008

Home Alone.

This next weekend, May 10th, will be the gala opening of the brand, spanking new production of The Last Session, directed by Brett Bernardini and starring Kevin Wood.

They began previews already and I'm so excited to see what Brett has done. In conversation by phone, he expressed so much enthusiasm and energy, he was almost ridiculously beside himself. I don't know the rest of the cast, so I cannot speak for them, but I do know that it will be a monumental pleasure to hear Kevin Wood sing my songs. His voice is just achingly beautiful.

Jim has been in Boston this weekend doing Zero Hour. So, I've been home alone and I hate it. I thought it would be fun. You know, get naked, run through the house, throw everything down and leave it there, watch TV shows Jim hates.

And that was fun for about an hour.

So, I spent time focusing on music scoring and editing some video, which will be ready soon. The problem with being home alone is that I lose track of time. I forget when it's time to eat. So, I'll be hunched over the computer. Then, I'm hungry! So, I go to the kitchen and unless I can grab it and eat it RIGHT THEN, I get frustrated and choose the lowest common denominator, like hummus and crackers or a bowl of cereal.

Finally, last night, I stopped and prepared a nice salad with broiled chicken, spinach, strawberries and non-fat balsamic vinegar salad dressing.

Saturday, I spent a nice afternoon with my friend Michael who lost his cat, Figaro, this week. He seems to be holding up well, though he says he really misses him at night. We went to an all-you-can-eat Indian buffet on Ventura Blvd. called "Bollywood."

Boy, do I love that place! So much good food. I just ate and ate and ate.

Jim gets home today, so I'm looking forward to ... Oh, god. Now I have to clean this place up.

I hate being alone.

3 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Gawd, you almost sound like you're growing up. Whoda thunk.

Anonymous said...

Well that's just ducky. The ONE week I had off!!!!!!



-Alex

Tony Adams said...

So very true.
It's fun for five minutes and then you want him back home. And having the whole bed to myself is not a luxury. But oh the delightful mess I can make when left to my own devices: flung dirty laundry and papers and junk on every surface and shoes that sit where I shed them!