Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Nephew, Jonathan AKA Mr. Casanova.

One of the nicest things to be happening this year is that all my nieces and nephews are coming of age, some in college, some just out of college and some just graduating high school. I previously wrote about Geoffrey stirring things up at his high school in west Texas.

Last week, I finally got together with my nephew, Johnathan, who came out here to L.A. earlier in the school year to attend the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandise. And, no, he's not gay like his Uncle Steve. So, girls, have at him. He also has way more cool than his Uncle Steve.

Proof: In addition to going to school, he's making money by throwing parties in hip L.A. night clubs. He's apparently getting very good at it because the clubs are now pursuing him, and he's getting the kinds of hip, young people these clubs crave.

They call him Mr. Casanova, and he has a MySpace page.

The picture adjoining this blog is his current facebook photo, Jonathan standing with a beautiful blond girl. Who knew he had it in him? Not here six months and already he rules this town. Is Hollywood great or what?

Since he's studying design, he said his most favorite discovery is the fact that Los Angeles has more art deco buildings than just about any other city. He said he didn't know much about art deco, but now he's really fascinated by it, and by old Hollywood. For instance, his favorite activity is going to the Silent Movie house on Fairfax and watching an evening of silent movies. (They have an organ and everything.)

So, in six months, he went from a Texas yahoo to a cultured, intelligent, hip, Mr. Casanova who hangs out with the glitterati, rules the Hollywood nightlife and he's my nephew???

Call me Uncle Proud.

8 comments:

Elizabeth Pax said...

Not to rain on anyone's little pride parade BUT... the only reason anyone calls Jonathan "Mr. Casanova" is because he tells them to. He completely made up the nickname for himself and is doing is absolute best to push it on people. LOL. I don't think anyone... except Jonathan himself... actually calls him Mr. Casanova. =D

(Jon's sister, Elizabeth)

Steve Schalchlin said...

And how do YOU know? Have you been to one of his parties here, missy? LOL.

I have it on good authority that all the girls fall all over him and call him Mr. Casanova.

Anonymous said...

When did Jonathan go to California? I thought he was in his room.

Anonymous said...

Oh Elizabeth I know its hard being the older sibling and yet no one blogs about your facianting life in Texas so I will help you with this problem:

Elizabeth Schalchlin is a very intriguing girl who lives a rather interesting life!! She is so intriguing she has to keep up with an alias inwhich some people know her as Lola. She goes to the university of north texas and is currently living in the eastern wing and penthouse suite of her parents house. She is a very hard worker at a local deli, Hog City Deli, and has built a very high profile cliental from the baptist church around the corner. She has also experimented with the menu so in a way Ms Schalchlin is an entrepreneur in her own mind. Ontop of a student and an intense career she goes out to many events (wait nevermind), I meant parties (well only some chirstmas bash with a kid named Ben), basically just the back yard often and takes photos of the bushes. We all dream of this life but few can handle the daily activies and excitement! Keep truckin on sister!

Anonymous said...

I meant Fantastic life ***

Anonymous said...

Ohhh how sweet....sibling bliss! I am so glad that you two no longer live under the same roof.....

Elizabeth Pax said...

OMG... that was both hilarious and accurate. Thank you for immortalizing me, Jon. =D

Can I have permission to use that as my official 'about me' on facebook?

Anonymous said...

(David-Corky's brother)

Corky,

I didn't know you had kids.
You mean I am an Uncle ?????

David - (Corky's brother)