Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Asleepment

Jim and I have been trying to catch all the Oscar nominated Best Movies lately just so we can know the score on everything. Yesterday, we went to something called "Atonement."

Gah. Arrrgh.

I know Oscar loves these long, dreary, tear-soaked British movies, but I have never been so bored in all my life watching these two colorless, drab people stare at each other from across the room for endless hours.

Finally, after about 45 minutes, with both of us shifting, coughing, eye-rolling and sighing loudly, I whispered to him, "I hate this."

He took a few minutes and said, "I hate it, too. Wanna leave?"

And we did. I was never so happy to get out of a theater in my life. What kind of people like this crap?

BTW, if you look at the poster above, you'll have seen the entire movie. That's literally all that happens.
Post a Comment

Hal Prince talks about Zero Mostel