1. Yes, these will be a CD. The chorus is going to issue a double-disc 30th anniversary CD featuring selections from the entire year of chorus concerts. One of those discs will be New World Waking!
2. Yes, there will be a "composer chat" on the stage of Davies Symphony Hall from 6:25 to 6:45 where I will be at the piano talking about the making of New World Waking!
3. Yes, Piper Laurie will have a part of New World Waking! No, she doesn't sing, but luckily I wrote some text in the middle of one of the movements. She'll be handling that.
4. Yes, they're calling each song a "movement." (I love that!)
5. Yes, the lyrics from the full piece will be reproduced in the program that night.
6. Yes, it's a week from Monday.
7. Yes, I'm so excited I can barely contain myself.
Listen to us sing! One final show on Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 7pm at The Metropolitan Room.
I keep meaning to bring up another little history lesson that came from watching the B&W games shows on the Game Show Network. When you...
Hal Block, the increasingly irritating panelist on "What's My Line?" was fired last night after the show. Well, back in 1953. ...
When the history of "The Big Voice: God or Merman? is written, there will be one moment that will shine, for us, above all. And it happ...