Coming Out To The Evangelical Community

Coming Out To The Evangelical Community - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Jennifer Knapp:
It never occurred to me that I was in something that should be labeled as a "struggle." The struggle I've had has been with the church, acknowledging me as a human being, trying to live the spiritual life that I've been called to, in whatever ramshackled, broken, frustrated way that I've always approached my faith.
For the longest time, I didn't care what church people thought about me. I was so angry at how I perceived they thought about me, all I wanted was to be AWAY from them.

I'm glad I can sing in churches again. People of faith seem to get something from my music. But so do people of unfaith, and that's perfectly all right with me. Frankly, I don't see any difference. People is people is people.

However, what's really on my mind is going back to my alma mater, Jacksonville Baptist College, and doing something. I should put in a call to Fred Phelps. He'd be all over this.
2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Stopette History Lesson From "What's My Line?"

Hal Block Blows It.

A Letter From Ethel Merman's Son.