Friday, July 25, 2008

The Last Great Jo Stafford's Secret Identity.

Jo Stafford was one of the great big band singers who just recently passed away. Her big song was "See the pyramids along the Nile..." and "I'll Never Smile Again."

She was well known for doing parody songs in her career. If you listen at this link, you'll hear the abominably bad and hilarious recording of "Staying Alive," with her husband (who played all the wrote notes while she sang a half-tone sharp).

They called themselves Jonathan and Darlene Edwards, a club act from New Jersey and, believe me, it takes a lot of talent to make music this bad.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Jonathan and Darlene. The first time I heard them, I think I blew coke out of my nose. (That was the 70's and you can take that in what ever way you please.)