Saturday, July 05, 2008

Mark and Me.

I've been preoccupied this week because my friend, Mark Janas, has been staying here with me. He's musical directing a new show here for the L.A. Theatre Festival about Lucy and Desi, and it's been fun being his host -- especially because he's been helping me a bit with the cantata, playing through some of the music I've been writing out.

Yesterday, I decided to take him on the L.A. Subway into Hollywood, where we dined at Hollywood & Highland, watched all the tourists around the Chinese Theatre (and the cute guys playing Batman and Robin), and then trained over to Hollywood & Vine to catch a matinee of "Hancock," which is a very strange movie.

The best part, though, was that he sat playing through all of Chopin's Preludes and several Etudes while I cleaned the kitchen to a spotless perfection. (There was a note on the door that they were going to do a general cleanliness inspection on the 10th -- can they do that? Just barge in and look around? I guess they can).

Next up is the bathroom. I wonder what composer works best for the bathroom?

3 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Handel. Water Music.

You're cleaning the BATHROOM and the KITCHEN? My god...that's like...ME cleaning. Be still my heart.

Elizabeth Pax said...

cleanliness inspection?!

Anonymous said...

try the Volga Boatmens' Song...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Volga_Boatmen's_Song