Saturday, July 05, 2008

More Bleeding.

Went back to the doc this week to find out my blood test results. He said:

"I have good news and bad news. The good news is that the blood tests revealed no irregularities (except for the thick blood). The bad news is that that means we'll have to start doing more tests."

And the reason, I have figured out, that this is bad news is that the farther up the test ladder we go, the more painful and drawn-out the tests will become. Hello, bone marrow test.

He immediately sent me to the infusion center for more "phlebotomy," meaning more draining of the blood. Then, again on Thursday, where my main vein gave out and they had to repoke me twice. And then again on Sunday.

By the time I get to Jim on Tuesday -- yes, I'm finally flying out there! -- I'm going to look like vampire.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Oh Steve, I hate the thought of those blood tests. Hope you're not feeling pain. Best wishes

Mike

Amy Lynn said...

xoxxoxoxoxoxo. LOVE YOU

JoyZeeBoy said...

Prayin' for ya, Steve.