Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bonus Round Firsts!

So, we were doing some research this morning on blogs after I spoke with Kurt the Cyberguy, a reporter for Tribune Broadcasting out of Channel 5 here in LA yesterday who's syndicated all over the country. We caught each other at lunch. He said, "We need to submit you to the Guiness Book of World Records as the first blogger."

I told him, "I wasn't really the first, but I'm up there."

So, we went online to http://www.diaryhistoryproject.com/ and it turns out that I'm number 6. But of the top 6, mine seems to be the only one still running. So, technically, my diary/blog is the longest running blog on the Net.

Which also makes me the first openly gay blogger, the first HIV positive blogger and the first entertainment blog promoting a musical.

Ain't that a kick in the head?

TAGS:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

G'day!

Remember me? I was playing your music to somebody the other day, and they loved it and asked me how I had heard of you... half an hour later I showed her your website and nearly fell out of bed upon discovering that your blog is still around! *hug*

Mine is at http://rickybuchanan.livejournal.com/ now, and still going... I wonder how many others from that list are still journalling?

I want my "I knew SS when he was 'unknown and unfamous'" prize now :). I can't type more now, not too well these days.

r