Thursday, April 02, 2009

The Big Voice performance in Florida.

I have to say, except for going up on a couple of lines -- where Jimmy rescued me, thank god, it felt amazing to The Big Voice again. I don't think I ever felt so loose and relaxed on stage. I wish I could rewind back to New York and start all over again.

Plus, thanks to Jim's book, this show just rocks. The people who came to see it, none of whom had ever seen it, nor did they know us, really, went out of their minds over it.

Nothing feels as good as a house rocking with laughter, stopping all the songs with extended applause, followed by the silence of the dramatic scenes. I feel like it's a perfect show. And all I have to do is get on stage and say the words and sing the songs.

The problem is, and has always been, how do you sell this show to people who haven't seen it? It's an impossible show to describe. But, that's show biz.

And now I want to do it again. And again. And again.

1 comment:

Gabi Clayton said...

I wish I had been there! Its not a surprise that the audience loved the show.