Thursday, April 23, 2009

TLS Live?

I've been talking to Paul Kulak about doing "The Last Session" as a live Internet broadcast from the Woodshed. There would be some technical issues to overcome, not to mention finding a cast, but the whole idea continues to intrigue me.

The thing about the Woodshed is that it looks like what I would imagine "Jim's" studio to look like. A bomb shelter turned hippie hang-out turned recording studio. The walls are covered with posters. There are CDs hanging from clotheslines. Books. Shoes. Paintings. Random guitars hanging on the wall. Stars on the ceiling. 10 years of accumulated cool stuff.

I've not talked about this much, because I don't want to make promises I can't fulfill. I can't imagine, at this point, what the technical difficulties would be. So, maybe it's just one of those "wouldn't it be fun if..." kinds of daydreams. The thing is, it's entirely doable. All the equipment, including six cameras, is there.

I know people really love TLS and they want to see it running somewhere. I've tried pitching it to larger theatres, but the marketing people "worry" that it's about AIDS and stuff. That people only want "happy" musicals.

But, what do I know? I'm only the writer.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Everyone knows people only want to see big happy musicals. You need to put the whole shebang on a sinking luxury ship with a huge cast singing before they all die. That is the kind of musical people want to see.