BRIEF BLOG INTRO:
I'm a singer/songwriter and actor from Texas "Living in the Bonus Round" in New York City. That is my way of describing how I feel having cheated death. In a game show, the Bonus Round is where time speeds up and the prizes are better. Seeing your death changes you. Now, I'm consuming life as quickly and as fully as I can, while still taking time to breathe and appreciate every single day as an utter miracle. Last year, I turned 60 and I had a set of goals, all of which came true, including composing -- and performing in -- a Mass, recording a solo album with a few friends and self-released it (selling tens of copies), headlined at a major night club in New York City to two full houses and just played the lead role in the reading play not written by myself. I update a few times a month these days, and I don't spam. So it's easier to keep up with me by following by Email. When this blog began, it was to track my death. I'm told it was the first AIDS blog. You can start at the gruesome beginning if you want. Or just jump in and maybe we can learn some life lessons together. Welcome to the Bonus Round. I'm Steve, The Songwriter.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Jeff Kinman is in hospice.

Jeff Kinman on right as Buddy in "The Last Session." Scott A. Eckert, L. as Gideon
Uptown Players, Dallas. 2002.
I was just informed that Jeff Kinman, who played the role of Buddy in the highly-acclaimed and much beloved Dallas Uptown Players production of The Last Session, is in hospice. Apparently, he has been sick for some time but was being very private about it until now. Jeff is one of the best singers I'd ever heard. He was a gentle soul who's humanity filled his characterization of Buddy with innocence and strength paired with a heartrending fragility.

Jeff Kinman's version of "Going It Alone" from the Dallas cast album has been posted to Sound Cloud by Mark Lowry.



I would appreciate all the TLS Family raising a glass, a prayer and lots of light to Jeff and to his devoted partner, Adam C. Wright, and hold them in your hearts.

Adam C. Wright and Jeff Kinman
from Jeff's Facebook page.
Jeff Kinman in "Wild Party"





Post a Comment