Saturday, December 08, 2012

Trudging Out To The End of the Earth.

Now that I can't upload photos here at Blogger, I can't show you the really cool pictures I took of my adventure trip to the Lower East Side.

Okay, that's not the real reason. The real reason is I was going to an exclusive party. Very hush hush.

Special invitation only.


A Train to 14th. 14A bus, which runs east and then down the east side. Gets off at Jackson. Walk a block. Perfect.

I even stopped off at a place called Green -- what was it? Green Paradise? Green Pastures? I forget. And got some Indian finger food. A place Andy Gale showed me. And it's right on my own street! Didn't even know it was there. New York.

The exclusive party? It was at Andy's. All the students he coaches.

No secret. Just a Christmas party with friends.

I just thought I'd make it sound dramatic, which is very appropriate for a group of actors.

You could also say it's a big therapy session, but then you'd be giving away the secret.

I even got to stand up and give my good news about London.

Sometimes, in class, I feel I'm at an Anonymous meeting for an addiction I can't name.

I've spoken about him before. Andy is really, I think, doing me a favor by letting me be a part of his advanced acting class. I'm not an actor. Or maybe I am. It's just that...

The people in there are so experienced and so good. It's kind of scary to be around them. Just when I think I'm getting good at a scene, someone comes in and just has that natural ability to take the room and put it in their pocket -- and they do it so effortlessly. AJ Dean in London was like that. Well, all of the TLS cast did, but I think of him because, you know, it's always all about Buddy.

Now, where was I? Oh yes. It was a cold, rainy night. I had a sweater on beneath my hooded coat. The bus was filled with people also getting off at Jackson to go to a dance concert. They were also from the West Side, and also felt like they were in a foreign country.

But the bus driver was kind.

We got a little Christmas tree for our window, but I can't upload any more photos to Blogger.

You'll have to use your imagination.

EDIT: BTW, I didn't take any really cool pictures of the lower east side. I just forgot the camera. But I thought it was cooler to say it was an exclusive club.

EDIT AGAIN: I finally signed up for extra storage space. Even joined something called Google Wallet in order to do it. So, new pictures will be coming. First, though, I have to shoot some.



3 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Why can't you upload pictures to Blogger? I do it all the time. And so did you. What has changed?

Steve Schalchlin said...

They say I posted past my free limit and wanted me to upgrade to a $5 a month plan with more storage. I think it's worth it. I love Google services. So, I paid.

Bev Sykes said...

I guess you joined through Google. I joined Blogger directly years ago, no money, no limit. And I have tons of photos. Google has obviously found new was to extract revenue.