Thursday, July 11, 2013

Why I Haven't Done A Kickstarter Campaign For My New Album.

A friend asked me that, and I said it's because I don't have a budget because I'm kind of making this album -- it if is an album -- up as I go along. Bob Lefsetz says albums are old hat, anyway.

I just know that I want it to reflect who I am today. That's why I thought just me and my voice. But then, I thought, there's nothing wrong with fully produced tracks, either. What I do know is that I don't like singing in a booth. I sing it while I'm playing it.

Someone suggested that if I released a track, but also tracks with the voice and piano separately, I could invite others to produce their own version of the song, adding, slicing and mixing whatever they want.

In this newly empowered age, that might not be a bad idea at all.

No comments: