Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Buna Texas, My Hometown 6

In this final episode, our favorite barber Wendell Widener returns to talk about his yellow house, we meet the justice of the peace who tells us about strange weddings and court cases, and we go down to the bayou down near Port Arthur and meet two old folks crabbing (after crossing over the Rainbow Bridge). The documentary ends there. It was time to go back to New York. Sadly, Wendell died not too long after this and I haven't been back to Buna since then. I'm sure my high school buddy, Glenn, is still on his little ranch. I'm sure the downtown looks pretty much the same. And life goes on.

Happily, my folks are still alive and I'm ready to make me some more chicken gumbo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stevie Wonder! Thanks so much for sharing this gem with us! My favorite bit was of you playing the piano and singing with your mother and Sister Anne. I have to admit I was a bit surprised by the "crabbing" bit. I dunno, wasn't literal enough I suppose, I thought it was going to be a lot of COMPLAINING, not actual live 'n' kickin' CRABS! grin

Hope you are well and happy!
hugs,
me