Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"Mom's" Homemade Southern Biscuits.

This isn't my mom, but Jim and I were lying on the bed one lazy Florida afternoon and we started thinking about my mom's wonderful gumbo recipe video. He suggested we start a new blog that featured nothing but recipes from peoples' moms. So, I made one through blogger here and stuck my mom's video on there. But I hadn't done much about the blog itself since then.

Then, this morning, I stumbled across one on YouTube. It's such a sweet labor of love. Shot at Christmastime. She's still in her robe. And we finally get to see her face at the end. Here is what is written in the intro:
Ever want to know EXACTLY how the deep South cook made her homemade biscuits? This 10 minute video shows my Mom as she, step by step, prepares her homemade biscuits from scratch. They REALLY taste like fine French pastry! Mom passed away in 2003 but thanks to the foresight of my brother David who died 9/2007 (nonsmoker, lung cancer), her art of making the best biscuits on Earth has not been lost. Video from 1996. I miss you Momma. David, meet me in Heaven's big Q&A room! RIP.
My favorite momquote: "Try not to think I'm bein' dirty."



And so, this becomes the second entry on the Mom's Recipe Blog.

(Thanks to NelnetDude who is, apparently, a very sincere evangelical man, according to his YouTube profile. But I think there's something a bit off in the wording when he says, " When my Earthly visit is over, I'm going to Heaven and take as many people with me as possible! God bless you today."

I think I know what he means, but perhaps it could be phrased a bit less ominously?)

No comments: