Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Don't Have Words Yet.

We had dinner with friends last night, and one of them looked at me said, "You produced two shows in one week? How can anyone do that?"

I don't know. But I can tell you this. We created some very moving moments this past week.

We had obstacles to overcome. None of that mattered. We created a community experience, even if it was just a few of us.

See, that's what theater is. It can never be more than a small community experience, when it's experienced, because the intimacy of the venue is the thing that gives it its power.

I am so filled with energy and emotion and love and gratitude and inspiration and energy from back-to-back New World Waking / Zero Hour / The Last Session, it's really overwhelming. Finding words right now is just not possible. But I will. I will tell you every last detail that I can remember. And, hopefully, people who were there will also write something. Some already have.

But I have a huge blister on my foot from walking around. It was my fault. I wasn't wearing socks. I just threw on my shoes the other day, thinking I wasn't really gonna do that much walking, and, well. Stupid.

There is so much to tell. So I will tell it. Just not today.

No comments: