Thursday, April 13, 2006

10 Years Ago

Ten years ago, I was a really sick cookie. On this day in April of 1996, Jim and I were visiting my Aunt Frieda in Las Vegas. My parents were visiting at the time. I was about 50 pounds lighter than I am now and was sick as a dog with constant diarrhea. We played our songs for my mom and she cried a lot. Later, they told me that they didn't think I was going to be alive much longer and that this would be that last time they'd see me.

I don't recall, at the time, if I was thinking that. I think I was still just hanging on for dear life and concentrating on getting through each day. What I do remember from that time is the diarrhea. Every day. All day long. It was very tough to find anything I could eat. I remember on that trip that my mom gave me a rice cooker because it was the one food item that wouldn't upset my stomach.
Post a Comment

For my birthday, also St. Francis of Assisi Day,

here is "Rescue" the song I sang to Erika Amato 's Buddy the dog. Imagine if we loved humans as much as we love our animals...