Wednesday, March 12, 2008

In Chicago. Random Stuff.

I'm comfortably in Chicago, staying with Alyssa (who is responsible for bringing me here) and her husband in their lovely home. The concert today is at 5pm so I'm really looking forward to singing again. It's been a long time since I've done my "Living In The Bonus Round" AIDS education program, having detoured through the world of theater for several years.

And as much as I enjoy theater, my real love is just sitting behind a piano, singing and telling stories. So, it feels like going home.

Meanwhile, I did manage to catch poor David on American Idol last night. Oy. He totally blew it and the other singers seem to be rising to the occasion. Maybe he's just too young to take the stress.

Jim and I also, last Saturday, got rid of some old electronic equipment by doing a search for electronic waste disposal. Old TVs and computers should never go into the trash. Luckily, in Los Angeles, they have what they call a "safe drop" in Glendale. So, we were able to bring our things there and dispose of them properly.

I'm also talking to my friends up in Rochester, NY about going back there for some performances. We haven't decided what yet. It could be TLS. It could be concerts. It could be both. But I'm excited to be getting back on the stage again.

And speaking of which, the San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus will be performing one of the songs, "My Rising Up," from my peace cantata, Pantheon Bar & Grill, on May 16 at their Spring concert at Davies Hall. So, if you're in the Bay Area, get yer tickets now! If I'm not performing elsewhere that night, I will most definitely be in attendance.

No comments: