Saturday, October 04, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Since I've been down with this flu, or whatever it is, I've not done anything except be a very good patient. Lying in bed or on the couch, sleeping as much as possible and letting my body heal.

That's why you haven't heard anything from me. Healing is boring, but it's necessary. It's been a long time since I was really "sick," in the sense of not being able to get out and do things.

I feel like a lion trapped in a cage, but with Jimmy waiting on me, bringing me lots of water, and feeding me, and me resisting the urge to bite him on the hand -- I absolutely HATE being a patient -- I'm slowly healing.

I've felt badly because I haven't been able to volunteer down at Kulak's and I haven't been able to work on music or do anything. Not that I haven't wanted to. But I know I cannot do anything until I get well.

It's crappy having a compromised immune system because when these things finally hit, they hit hard and they last a long time.

Still, today I hit 55, an age I never thought I'd see. So, all in all, it's a glorious thing. Life goes on and life is good.

Thanks for all the nice birthday wishes.

6 comments:

Mage said...

Hey, happy Birthday Steve..........hurrah. The world is a far better place because you are here.

And yes, I feel ugly today too.

Anonymous said...

Hey, old-timer. Happy birthday to you.

Walt

Gabi Clayton said...

Happy birthday, sweetie.
Feel better real soon.

Jannie Funster said...

Happy birthday.

Sorry you are sick. I'll send you a nice un-sick wish Right Now.

Did you feel it?

I have a Jimmy too, 18 years and counting now.

love is good.
Jannie

SusanKr said...

I didn't realize we shared a birthday. Hope you're feeling better! Happy Birthday!

Susan

Morrie said...

Belated Birthday Greetings Steve. I hope (for Jimmy's sake) you're feeling better. Morrie.