Monday, November 24, 2008

From A Member of the Chorus...

On his blog, Rey says this about New World Waking!

I cannot tell you how much heart and soul that we have poured into this event, and you really have to be there to experience the emotions from the sounds, music and words. When I first heard and sang some of the songs we will be performing, I literally cried, not out of sadness, but out of sheer joy and touching emotion. The works are beautiful, fun, emotive, and life-changing.

I honestly, hope you can join me on Dec 1 for this unique event. With all of the hatred in our world these days, especially against homosexuals as we saw with the passage of Prop 8, this concert is a spiritual reminder for our community that we can and will rise up. I guarantee you will be moved.

With love and light,
Rey

3 comments:

Mage said...

Lovely and lovely with laughter. Happy thankksgiving to the two of you.

Anonymous said...

I meant every word of it, Steve! Hope to see you on Monday. Will you be backstage at all?

I'm so excited, I can hardly contain myself. ;)

Steve Schalchlin said...

Rey, I'll be at the rehearsals, so yeah, I'll be backstage. But during the show, I'll be out front listening.