Friday, November 21, 2008

New World Waking! CD plus other news updates.

1. Yes, these will be a CD. The chorus is going to issue a double-disc 30th anniversary CD featuring selections from the entire year of chorus concerts. One of those discs will be New World Waking!

2. Yes, there will be a "composer chat" on the stage of Davies Symphony Hall from 6:25 to 6:45 where I will be at the piano talking about the making of New World Waking!

3. Yes, Piper Laurie will have a part of New World Waking! No, she doesn't sing, but luckily I wrote some text in the middle of one of the movements. She'll be handling that.

4. Yes, they're calling each song a "movement." (I love that!)

5. Yes, the lyrics from the full piece will be reproduced in the program that night.

6. Yes, it's a week from Monday.

7. Yes, I'm so excited I can barely contain myself.

6 comments:

JoyZeeBoy said...

Keep breathing, Steve.

Steve Schalchlin said...

I'm trying. I'm trying!

Devin Richards said...

oh my God! a week from monday already. it has seemed like it will be a year from now for so long!!
heart just went to my throat!
so wonderful!

Bev Sykes said...

Maybe I'll come, if I'm free. I may have to wax the driveway.

;)

Bev Sykes said...

(I damn well better get an AUTOGRAPHED CD)

Amy Lynn said...

Argh, someone invent a west coast travel machine for me!!!