Monday, July 14, 2008

Why I love Cats and, er, Lions.

This video was sent to me by a friend, Marsha. I've seen several stories like this but they always get to me. It's confirmed at snopes, where you can go for the full story. In short, these two guys bought a baby lion and raised it in their home until, after less than a year, it got too big. So, they released it into the wild in Nairobi. They visited every now and again, but finally "Christian the lion" had his own pride which he was defending in the wild.

After a long while, they visited one last time, wondering if Christian would remember them. Here's the video of their reunion. These things just make me cry like a baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you posted this today.... I was just about to send you this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYbFQFXG0U which is a different version of the same event. The older man in the video
is George Adamson, who raised Elsa with wife Joy, of "Born Free."
Hope all is well...
Carol