Monday, September 29, 2008

Thick, But No Bleeding Today.

Stupid me. 

First of all, my blood count was up from last week, so it was actually thicker, even though I've been guzzling water like crazy all week.

Dr. Richard asked me, "Have you been drinking any caffeine?"

"No."

"Cough medicine? Anything like that?"

"No."

"Well, we should do a phlebotomy, but I don't want to do it if you're still sick."

I was sitting there wearing a surgical mask.

He listened to my chest.

"A little congestion in the upper chest but nothing in the lower. You definitely don't have pneumonia."

"That's good."

"Okay. Come back next week. And drink a lot of water!"

I drove back home, so happy to not have to endure the bleeding. Got to the kitchen and started looking around. 

And then it hit me.

The green tea. I've been drinking green tea.

I looked at the label: caffeine. Not a lot, but some. And I've been drinking a lot of it.

Problem solved.

Next week, my blood is gonna be thinner than kool-aid.

No comments: