Friday, January 05, 2007

A Letter From A Stranger

Dear Steve and Jim,

I just wanted to tell you both how much I enjoyed your show last night. I wasn't sure what to expect--two gay guys, Ethel Merman, Broadway--okay, at a minimum it would be a really good time. I was amazed by your talent and energy and how captivating you were working with so little on the stage. Pretty much just yourselves, your story and your music up there. During intermission, I didn't think things could get any better.

Then you totally blew me away in Act II. Thank you so much for baring your souls and sharing all the emotional aspects of Steve's illness. I don't have words to tell you how much that touched my heart. I am an ovarian cancer survivor currently in second remission and have gone through similar feelings with my husband (along with all the guilt that goes with anger and blame). You expressed it all so honestly and eloquently. I laughed through my tears. I especially loved your message about hope being the best medicine. It is so true!

I wish you both continued success and good health. I'm telling all my friends that they need to see your show.

Thanks again for sharing your story.

Hugs,
Annie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, Steve. :)