Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Post on "All That Chat"

I saw this terrific show for the first time on Monday the 27th and I was deeply moved by both the story and the performance.

I have two younger friends, both in their early 20s, who have been together for about 2 months.
About 3 weeks ago one of the was diagnosed with cancer and as might be expected it has been a very difficult time for them.

I invited them to join me last night, Wednesday, for the show because I thought the message might be of some help to them at this particular time in their relationship.

I went to the theater early to pick up the tickets and ran into both Steve and Jim as they were going into the theater. I told them how much I had enjoyed the show and then told them about my two young friends who would be joining me later.

Steve and Jim said they very much wanted to meet my friends after the show and I agreed to ask them if that would be OK - it was.The performance seemed to be even stronger and the boys were deeply moved by it.

Afterwards we waited with a rather large group of well-wishers. I introduced my friends to Steve and Jim and they couldn't have been nicer or more caring. Damn, even now as I write this I am getting tears in my eyes --

So, bottom-line, thank you Steve and Jim for making a difference in the lives of two young people.

SEE THIS SHOW, DAMMIT, SEE THIS SHOW AND THEN TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO SEE IT!!

Bill

No comments: